Friday, October 10, 2008

Glub Glub!

I'm having a hard time. I'm trying to figure something out, and it's very difficult. Maybe one of you blogger buddies of mine can help me out =)

The thing that I am having a difficult time with is finding a happy medium between 2 things:

1. Study hard, focus on your education [and]
2. Live today as if it were your last

I don't know about you, but if today was the last day of my life, I would NOT be doing school, or chores, or anything like that! LOL!

I read a book this summer called "Driven by Eternity", and it was about using your life to do things that will matter for eternity in heaven.

-If I work extremely hard on schoolwork, then I will probably have more options of things to do that will count for eternity when I get out of school. I will be knowledgeable, which will really help living for God.

-If I "live today as if it were my last", I SO wouldn't be doing school! I would be constantly focusing on my relationship with God, letting Him use me to lead others to Him, and also, I would be doing things for people I love, and letting them know that I loved them in every way I could. I woodnt b wastin non time of mine wit educaton. LOL =D

So... that is what I have been thinking a lot about lately. I feel like I must find a happy medium, or go with one extreme or the other. What are YOUR thoughts?

Moving on...

Last night we went to see "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". The majority of the cast was age 17 or younger, mostly young children. They did so well! It was SO BEYOND HILARIOUS!!! It made my week! Seriously, my Mom and I were SCREAMING with laughter, it was fabulous! =D Garrett came with us, which made it even more fun, and oh my gosh, my Mom and I were hysterically giddy! It was really funny! I hope Garrett doesn't have an insane headache today, though. He did have to listen to our loud laughter for a couple of hours!

It was SO funny... during intermission, I had the sudden urge to turn to my Mom, or Garrett, and say, "Guess what sound a fish makes?" and then say, "Glub Glub!" HAHAHAHAHA!!! I don't know WHERE that sudden urge came from, but it seemed like such a random, funny thing to say! Just the sound "glub glub" is hilarious... I LOVE it, and I will be saying it all of the time now, esp. when there is an awkward silence! =D People will think, "What a dork!" but I won't care =)

Somedays I feel immensely happy! Today is one of those days, and it is truly splendid!

Thank you for reading my blog! I really appreciate it! I really appreciate YOU! JESUS LOVES YOU!!! =D

1 comment:

byn always said...

Oh my word. That play was SO funny. I don't know what was in the air, but I was cracking up so much. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.

And, as for your question... I don't know the answer. Just thought I'd tell you that:)

Mom