Monday, October 13, 2008

God is Good

I had a busy weekend! Friday night I went to a football game... I'm NOT a sports person at all, and I planned on just staying home to work on homework for the night. However, about 15 minutes before it started, ERICA came to my house and told me I must come. Erica is my amazing friend who left for college this year, and I have missed her so much! She totally suprised me by showing up at my house, I had no idea she was in town! It was a fabulous suprise! I was BEYOND excited to see her! Oh yeah, I had fun at the game, too. I didn't really pay any attention to the game, actually. I was having a blast with my friends instead. That is why it was fun! Haha =)

On Saturday, I went to a suprise birthday party for my friend Mariah. It was lovely! It was a very girly party, with massages, make-up, hair styling, chocolate covered strawberries, and all of that fun stuff!

Saturday night was the "Hallelujah Barn Party". A sweet family from our homeschool group opens up their "barn" once a year for us home-school group members, and it's really fun! This year Garrett, Chyanne & Riley came with us, and it was a lot of fun! Cat was there, and Caitlin was there, too, but I didn't get to talk to her very much =( The ride HOME was the best thing, because Garrett & I made some HYSTERICALLY funny videos! We were singing Amazing Grace "opera" style, and it was SO hilarious!!

On Sunday, I served in "Toon Town" (the class for 6-9 year olds) at our Church, and I got a present! This sweet little boy gave me a ring! Lol =) I thanked him tremendously, of course, and it was funny, because he was like, "Miss Sprite, I know you think this is one of those CHEAP rings, but you don't understand! This was EXPENSIVE! I know you think I got this out of one of those 25 cent machines, but really, I got it out of a 50 CENT machine! It cost a LOT!" =)

Something cute happened on Sunday night, too. (I work doing childcare on Sunday nights) I was letting this girl color on my arm with markers, and all of the sudden, she gasped, and our conversation went like this:

K: "My goodness, Miss Sprite! You have a LOT of sprinkles!"

Sprite: "Sprinkles?"

K: "Oh, yes! You have so many sprinkle-dots!"

Sprite: "OH, you mean FRECKLES?"

K: "Oh yeah! That's what I meant!"


I LOVED THAT! Sprinkles instead of freckles! How cute! I've got "Sprinkle-dots" =) Haha... I so love my job!

Random note: I really like notebooks, funky pens, and writing when it is enjoyable. I love making lists and planning things.

I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT DISCIPLE'S NEW CD COMING OUT IN EIGHT DAYS!!!

BY the way, something has got me thinking lately. It has started to bother me how often I use phrases without paying attention to what they mean. Like "by the way". I say "Oh my goodness" frequently, and I just thought about what it meant! Haha! I have decided that I should make up my own fun phrases, & hopefully everyone else will not steal them =/ I wouldn't mind it too much, but if I made up amazing phrases, and everyone started saying them, they wouldn't be unique for very long!

Well, I shall end my post with two quotes:

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." -Audrey Hepburn

Be blessed!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Saturday was definitely a great day.

"sprinkles"? I love it! I have sprinkles, too!

I think pretty much everyone says things like that without thinking about what they're saying. Phrases were once original, I'm sure, but are now something we say without thinking about what they mean.

Halle said...

I love your blog Sprite!! =] And I love your long comments!!!!!!! Keep it coming! lol

I love Erica!! I didn't get to see her that weekend, but I'm so psyched she's coming to the game tonight...AND you are, too!! YAY!

I just noticed how much I use exlamation points...oops! I guess I'm a pretty loud person. lol