Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Do Hard Things

My good friend Kerra got me a book for my birthday called Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. I didn't get into the book straight away, but ever since I did, I have been challenged and excited on a very deep level. I highly encourage YOU to read it, even if you are not a teenager. I haven't read the whole book yet, but God has taught me a lot in the chapters that I have read so far.

In general, people don't have high expectations of teenagers. This book is for anyone who wants to rebel against those low expectations, and live with the intensity that God desires. As teenagers, we need to stop being lazy, and stop doing things that won't matter for eternity. I know that I have been letting other people's expectations control how I do things much more than I have been letting God's expectations guide the way I live, which is horribly sad.

Anyone who has not read Do Hard Things should make time to do so. It's time for our generation to rise up! =)

No comments: