Friday, December 26, 2008

"Do" and "Don't" Commandments

I was listening to a Disciple interview last night, and Kevin was talking about the commands God has given us. The greatest command we have been given is to LOVE. Love God, and love others. Kevin was putting emphasis on the fact that these are "do" commandments, and not "don't" commandments. That really got me thinking... I don't know about you guys, but for me, it seems harder to do what God has commanded me to do than it is for me not to do what God has commanded me not to do. For instance, God has commanded me not to steal, and not to lie. I would never even think of stealing anything, and before I think of telling a lie, I remember that God has commanded me not to lie, so I can decide to obey him, and tell the truth. However, doing what God has told me to do is a whole different issue. It seems to take more time and thought, and I am not so good at it.

No comments: