Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I have to admit... I have kind of been a Scrooge this year. Towards the end of November, and beginning of December, I was totally into the "Christmas spirit", and really excited about Christmas. I wanted Christmas music on all of the time, and I loved seeing Christmas lights and other decorations that added to the holiday mood within my being. However, about a week and a half ago, that all changed drastically. Since the change occurred, I despise the sound of Christmas music. Instead of becoming excited and cheerful while looking upon Christmas decor, I become sick. I know this sounds extremely terrible, but it is just the truth. It makes me very sad... I feel like I'm going to start shouting, "Ba-Humbug!"

My sight must have been altered off of the true meaning of Christmas. It's the day we celebrate Jesus' birth! Who gets depressed about JESUS' BIRTHDAY?! I think this alteration may have occurred while Christmas shopping, doing other festive things like that, and while doing so, finding myself surrounded by STRESS. Shouting at their kids to sit on Santa's lap, and rushing around the stores in a frenzy, people are just stressed out this time of year! It makes me not want to "do" Christmas when I grow up. I grew quite sad when I realized that thought came out of my mind.

I'm not a complete Scrooge, though. I love Christmas presents =) Hehe! I LOVE buying gifts for my friends and family members. Well, most of them. Some of my friends and family members aren't really into gifts, so it's not as exciting to shop for them. Lol! I have some friends, though, (Kerra, Garrett, Halle, Aleigh, Rachelle and Liz to name a few) who were REALLY easy to shop for... there were TONS of things I wanted to get for them- the hard part was deciding which one or more of the many thing(s) to get them.

I love recieving Christmas gifts, too, of course... I'm not going to lie! I am SO grateful for the Christmas gifts I recieved this year! Thank you, everybody!

Don't worry. I still want to do Christmas when I grow up. I just want to do it differently. I want to celebrate the birth of my Saviour without adding stress and selfishness to the mix of holiday chaos. However that has to be done... or whatever I have to give up to do that... so be it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
Sprooge trying to be Sprite

*<3:o33

No comments: