Saturday, January 31, 2009

Highlights From the Month of January

It's the last day of January! I thought I would post a few highlights from the month, in order of their occurance.

1. Spending the first moments of the New Year with my very good friend, Amy :D

2. Making a sock puppet show with one of my best friends, Garrett~ it is about the true meaning of Christmas (JESUS!), and it is REALLY funny!

3. Hanging out with friends in general... Kerra got to come over on the 23rd, which was lovely, because she is also one of my very best friends, but like Amy, I don't often get to spend time with her. Also, getting to see friends at High School Game Night, play practices, and other events like that has been fabulous!

4. One of my co-op teachers moved out of state over Christmas break, so two new teachers took over Economics and Writing (the two classes that she had been teaching). I was a little nervous about our second semester of school, and having new teachers... but I LOVE both of my new teachers very much!

5. The Disciple concert on January 21st! It was my 10th time to see the band live! Garrett came along, too! I finally have a friend who likes Disciple, which makes me very happy indeed. Here is a picture of me with the band:



6. BABYSITTING! I love to babysit, and during the last half of this month, I have suddenly been asked to babysit a lot! I have been able to babysit for some of the familes from the Church where I work for the first time, and I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity!

7. Seeing snow for the first time this winter on January 27th... there is still a little on the ground right now, but it's melting rapidly. This is a photo I took of the ice on one of our trees:


8. The peace that I have found... this month has probably been the most peaceful month I have had for a long time. God is really working on me, He is putting peace and joy in my heart when it usually would not have been there. He is teaching me to enjoy every area of my life, and teaching me to live each moment to glorify Him. It really changes the way I do things when I think that way.

Praise God for a great start of the year 2009! :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Sprite, I am a friend of the Wells and Beams. Cindy mentioned to me you were a photographer and I should check out your pics...your flickr galleries are awesome! Very fun and creative!

Sprite said...

Thank you SO much! I feel so honored that you would say that... I saw the photos on your website, and oh wow, they are BEYOND AMAZING! You are my photography hero! Lol :)