Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Things About Me!

I've been tagged by Samantha Marie- I am supposed to post 25 random facts about me on my blog! I stole some of her facts for my list, though... hehe ;)

I tag Garrett, Halle, Cat, and anyone else who wants to post 25 random facts about themselves on their blogs... :D

Here goes:

1. I find it nearly impossible to describe myself. I'm growing and changing on a daily basis, and I have so much to discover about myself. I can't put all of myself into words. Lol!

2. I deeply enjoy talking about God, Jesus, the Bible, redemption, love in Christ, what God is doing in people's lives, etc. It's amazing. I have yet to be bored with these conversations. I wish that I could talk about God with others everyday of my life.

3. I love giving compliments, I compliment people all the time. Even people I don’t know, in Wal-Mart, waiting in lines, wherever. I figure if I am thinking it in my head, I may as well say it out loud. A compliment given can really make someone’s day. If you really think about it, there is always something nice you can say. I NEVER, EVER give compliments that I don't mean, though.

4. I would LOVE to be more into fashion, it's just such an expensive hobby! Lol!

5. I admire all different kinds of clothes. I know emo people, girls who dress in dainty, elegant clothes, the people who dress in fun colorful clothes, and well, the list goes on. I love all of the different clothing categories. I can't get away with wearing clothes from any one of the "categories", because some of them are just not me, but I think that there is beauty in every category, and sometimes I wish that I could dress totally different every day :)

6. I admire art. Both looking at it, and being artistic myself. Especially when it concerns photography. When I'm inspired, I can paint a beautiful picture, take a breathtaking photo, etc. I cannot doing anything artistic on command, though. Hehe.

7. Delight takes over my entire being when I get a letter or gift in the mail, or a comment online. Lol :)

8. I have always loved music, and had an intense desire to do music lessons. I've especially wanted to learn how to play the piano and drums.

9. I can become discouraged easily. When people say something negative about me, or have little faith in me, I tend to immediately give up. I REALLY need to get over that.

10. I think learning is quite enjoyable, when I feel like it is actually going to get me somewhere in life. Hehe :) Even when it is really hard, it's pretty exciting! Foreign languages and math are two exceptions~ I think that those two subjects could get you very far in life, but they are considered to be unbearable forms of torture in my mind. Well, except for sign language- I think sign language would be a lot of fun! :)

11. My Mom is exceedingly creative 24/7, which leads others to believe that I am, too. I can be, and often am extremely creative, but I have to be inspired, intensely interested, and in the mood to be. Hehe :)

12. I want to travel. Everywhere. The only problem is, I feel passionate disgust toward riding in an airplane or boat. Haha! I love road trips, though! I would cheerfully spend an entire week in a car, especially if I could drive! :D Sadly, it's not possible to drive across the world.

13. I ADORE fruit. God is so good to have created fruit. Sometimes, when I eat fruit, I'm shocked to think about how some people don't believe in God. Have they eaten grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, etc?

14. I LOVE dancing SO much! :) It is definitely NOT something that comes naturally to me, but I would be OVERJOYED if it was something I could pick up easily!

15. I make my stomach hurt from laughing every single day.

16. I carry my camera with me wherever I go. Some of my favorite photos were taken when I thought to myself "Oh my gosh, I wish I had a camera right now,"...and I did!

17. I'm a slow learner. It is beyond depressing :(

18. I am very passionate about adoption!

19. One of the random things that I look forward to when I am an adult with my own house is hosting parties. Lol :) That's definitely not the main thing I look forward to, but it's one thing I think about occasionally that causes me to happily sigh.

20. When I'm sad or angry, I generally keep it to myself. Unless I'm REALLY depressed or furious, which is pretty rare.

21. I think it would be fun to learn more about interior design.

22. I would happily wear a dress every day, if the weather was nice. Also, I would LOVE to wear high-heeled shoes, but I'm already much taller than all but two of my friends, so it doesn't really happen.

23. A huge part of my happiness comes from figuring out what makes other people happy and making them happy in that way. When I'm not making someone else happy, I have a hard time being happy myself. And when I'm not happy myself, I have a hard time making other people happy. Lol.

24. I love hugs. For some reason, though, I rarely offer hugs~ I always wait for someone else to give me a hug. I used to give people hugs all of the time, and then came across friends who didn't like hugs, so now I just... wait. Lol :)

25. I enjoy making lists, so creating this one was a lot of fun for me. I thought 25 things was going to take a LOT of thinking, especially since I have other "random facts about me" on my blog already, but I actually have many more things that I want to write... I'm kinda sad it's over! LOL :)

5 comments:

Christine Maentz said...

Dear Sprite,

What a lovely girl you have turned out to be. My compliments to your parents - what an awesome job they did with you and of course your siblings. I would be extremely proud to have a daughter like you. Your mom should be beaming!

I just finished reading your post and it's obvious that you are filled with the Holy Spirit - you're an amazing teenager. I can sense so much love coming from your young heart - you are truly an inspiration to teenagers across this country.

Never change who you are and don't be concerned about what others think of you. It's their problem not yours.

Also know that you (and your family) are welcomed anytime to come spend time with us and our little farm (www.crazygoatlady.com)

Big bear hugs to you, lovely Sprite!

Christine Maentz
(I'm sure you remember me!)

PS Years ago I took ASL classes & I still have all the books and maybe a video... would you like me to send those to you?

SamanthaMarie said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you did this :D
It's so much fun to get to know random thoughts about people. :) Speaking of taking photos, did you take the photo for your site? I've been wondering that for awhile.
HA! I know what you mean about the hug thing, I've finally met some people who don't really like hugs, it's so odd to me. I hug everyone else though lots :) They say you need ten hugs a day.
I love letters and gifts in the mail :) But you knew the letter part ;)
Road trips are the BEST. I think one day they should have bridges that span oceans so that we can road trip the earth ;)
Do you want to adopt some children when you are older then? I've always wanted to have two kids of my own and adopt a third. Which will happen Lord willing ;)
Yay again!

Sprite said...

Dear Christine,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words! I read your comment this morning, and it made my entire day happier :) Thank you for your encouragement! You are such a blessing!

Thank you for sharing your website with me, I will definitely check it out!

I am very interested in learning sign language, and have thought of doing it next year, since I'm going to be a senior. I would be more than happy to pay you for the books/video! Did you like learning ASL?

*Big bear hugs!*

(And I will NEVER, and COULD never forget you!)

Sprite said...

Thank you for tagging me, Samantha Marie! I loved reading yours, too. It is fun learning random things about people!

And yes, I did take the photo that is on my blog! :)

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your idea of bridges spanning oceans... Let's do it! Haha!

I DEFINITELY want to adopt children when I am older! I don't know how many, but yes, I want to have some and adopt some... I love kids :)

Thank you for reading my blog, and commenting! Be VERY blessed! ♥

Christine Maentz said...

I loved learning ASL but it was difficult not to have someone to practice with!

Send me your address sweety & I'll UPS those to you. It's a gift, a small token of appreciation!

Love,

Christine