Friday, February 13, 2009

Any moment, EVERYTHING can change. (Well, almost everything)

It seems like everything changes in this world. Some things change for better, some for worse. No matter how hard I try to prevent the bad changes from happening, they happen anyway. Like friendships falling apart. I try as hard as I can to be a good friend, and I become close friends with people to later watch them fade away. It's heart-breaking!

I've realized that no matter how hard I try, I can't make friendships last forever on this earth. Friendship takes more than just me. Anytime I have ever been hurt by changes like these, there has been someone who I have run to- my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me SO much hope, because He will NEVER leave me. His love is the one consistent thing in the world. He will never, ever fail me, and He is ALWAYS there for me. Even when I totally turn my back on Him, He doesn't leave, and He doesn't love me any less. It makes me SO HAPPY to know that! If there was ANYTHING I could choose to stay consistent in my life, it would be Him. I'm so thankful to have my God!

It has got me thinking... I put so much effort into things of this world that end up fading away. Not only that, but I often put God aside so that I can put all of my attention on things of this world that end up falling apart in the end. Instead of doing that, I should really be putting all of my focus on my relationship with God- the one thing that will last throughout eternity!

God has also given me hope by giving me a couple of friends who I am becoming closer with right now... I'm so thankful for them! Thank you guys so much for being my friends, and showing me that true friendship really can exist! (You know who you are! ;)

Lol, I'm listening to my ipod, and the song that just came on is Into Black by Disciple. That song nearly sums up this post! :)

No comments: